Sunday, 19 December 2010
Second Rough Cut
After cutting this edition of the opening now with the second scene we noted down all the changes we intend to make for the next cut. We know:
- We want to fade the soundtrack in on the distribution logo so it's not so abrupt coming in
- Cut the plain text credits out, and put the titles over the opening scene
- Cut down the bedroom scene as we are struggling to fit the 2minute 30 mark.
- Speed up match on action of picking up dressing gown as it looks strange at the moment
- Include a clip of george in awkward silence to prolong it
- Maybe change the editing?
- Re-record voiceover, as this version was simply for the original rough cut.
We discussed these ideas with the audience, and they mostly agreed as well as adding:
- Considering lighting over Grace's (Laura's) shots - This was intentional though, signifies she is in the dark over Paul (George)'s life.
- When Paul wakes up, his hair style is still perfectly done. This created a slight lack of verisimilitude, but as we hadn't picked up on this until this late, reshooting wasn't really a possible option unfortuanately.
And we also recieved our first comment on Youtube...